Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Blue Moon Is Here!

When Blue Moon arrives at the shop, it's always the highlight of my month. These boxes mean a lot of work, but a lot of fun! We love carrying local yarns in the shop, and I think Blue Moon is the highlight.

 Locally hand dyed in Scapoose, OR the colors can't be beat and have fantastic names like "Frankenhen" "Awesomesauce" and (my personal favorite) "Tardis Blue".

The UPS guy has to deal with me excitedly asking, "Are all those for me?!" Sorry, UPS guy. I love Blue Moon day, and you get to share in the excitement.

 As I unbox it, our table slowly disappears. This month's shipment brought in some more of my favorite fibers - Luscious Single Silk (a wool/silk blend), Twisted, and Woobu. Woobu is Blue Moon's shimmery wool/bamboo blend.

All of them look amazing and it's hard to resist the urge to just dive in. I think my favorite color to come into the shop is the Luscious Single Silk in Awesomesauce - I'm plotting a big herringbone cowl out of that.
Of course, no unboxing would be complete without the before and after shots.

Before...


 And after!

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to see more Blue Moon in the shop. Tardis? Pictures of that? Love the Deer Woman in Twisted.

    ReplyDelete