Friday, June 27, 2014

A rainbow of Lopi arrived in the shop this week!



Our order of  Lopi came in, and I am loving the colors of this wool! They're so bright and candy-colored. I think there's a lot of potential here for a colorful sweater to brighten up the long gray winters we get in the Pacific Northwest. Sure, it's June, but  fall and winter are just around the corner, so it's time to get planning!


The Isrond pullover is the Lopi pattern that's captured my imagination. I love the whimsical clouds and bright blues and teals - I think that would make me smile every cold and rainy day when I'm dreaming of blue skies.

Unique in its composition, Icelandic wool consists of two types of fibers:  Fine, soft, highly insulating inner fibers and long, glossy, water-repellent outer fibers. Together, these two distinctive fibers create a wool that is...

Lightweight - lighter than most other wools, keeps you warm and comfortable.

Water-repellent - repels rain and stays feeling dry.

Breathable - moisture passes through the fibers way from the skin, keeping you dry and comfortable.

Icelandic wool is perfect for colorful outwearwear garments, especially those using stranded colorwork or steeking!


No comments:

Post a Comment